I also want to use this website to offer my English-Spanish literary translation and proofreading services.
I have been in the translation business since 1986 and in its localisation branch since 2000. In the 80s, a publishing house and a TV channel would ask me to deliver an original and five carbon copies of my translations done on a typewriter. That’s how I learned to be fast and accurate. Since then, I have done translations from English into Spanish for universities, water-treatment companies, local authorities, yacht clubs, health insurance groups, publishing houses, indie authors, you name it! Apart from having worked as an English-Spanish translator, I have been a proofreader in a major localisation company and in one of the most respectable Spanish newspapers.
Over-complicated instructions? Obscure, puzzling style guides, glossaries, query sheets, reference material and workflows? No, thanks. Been there, done that. I don’t regret it but, again, no, thank you. You can entrust me with your straight-forward English source file and will get a quality translation into Spanish (European, ‘Latin American’ or ‘neutral’) from a serious, experienced, well-equipped, devoted English-Spanish translator and proofreader. Don’t take my word for it: just send me a small job as a test and I’ll do it for a small charge of £20. I can’t think of any other way of proving that my skills and experience meet your requirements.
Books I have translated from English into Spanish:
1. Secret Contenders, by Melvin Beck.
2. The CIA: A Forgotten History, by William Blum.
3. The Russians are Coming, by Denis Sugrue.
4. Shamanism: A Beginner’s Guide, by Teresa Moorey.
5. Laguna The Lonely Mermaid, by Dan Alatorre.
6. The Adventures of Pinchy Crab and Ramon D’Escargot, by Dan Alatorre.
7. The Princess and the Dolphin, by Dan Alatorre.
8. Freaking Idiots Guide to Selling on eBay, by Nick Vulich.
9. How to Use MailChimp for Beginners: The Indie Author’s Guide to Email Marketing, by Adam Netherlund.
10. 35 AMAZING Recipes Your Mother Would Be Proud Of, by Dan Alatorre.
11. 35 Great Recipes You Wish Your Mother Made, by Dan Alatorre.
Author’s comments on my work as an English-Spanish translator:
***** Dan Alatorre (Laguna la sirenita triste), Las aventuras del cangrejito Pellizquitos y Ramón D’Escargot, La princesa y el delfín): “Very detailed, accurate, thorough. Does a very good job.” “Jose is very good to work with. He is thorough, he appreciates the differences in ‘formality’ in the various Spanish language dialects, and is able to make good suggestions. His work is terrific.” “Very professional and detail oriented. Highly recommended.”
***** Adam Netherlund (Cómo usar MailChimp para principiantes): “Solid to work with! Would definitely love to work with him again.”